- RAVI of K-pop boy group VIXX released a new digital single titled “BYE” on Monday, featuring MAMAMOO’s Wheein.
- The track was written and composed by RAVI, and is his latest since his collaboration EP “DESSERT TAPE” with his GROOVL1N labelmate Xydo.
- Wheein’s last solo project, her sophomore album “WHEE,” was released in January.
- RAVI will serve his military enlistment sometime in late 2022, while MAMAMOO is working on a comeback album in celebration of their eight-year anniversary.
- RAVI is the founder of the labels GROOVL1N and L1VE, the latter of which Wheein has been signed to since last year.
VIXX’s RAVI and MAMAMOO’s Wheein team up for the digital single “BYE” released on Monday.
The new single, which was written and composed by RAVI, is his latest project after his June collaboration EP “DESSERT TAPE” with GROOVL1N labelmate Xydo.
A month prior, RAVI released the single “WHO WE ARE.” RAVI’s last album “Love&Fight” was released last February. It was led by the title track “Winner” featuring rapper Ash Island.
Wheein’s last release was her sophomore album “WHEE” in January, her first since joining L1VE last year. That came with a music video for the lead track “Make Me Happy.”
RAVI is slated to begin his mandatory military service sometime in late 2022. MAMAMOO’s label RBW Entertainment announced in June that the quartet — Wheein, Hwas, Moonbyul and Solar — would release an album to celebrate their eighth anniversary.
In related news, MAMAMOO’s Hwasa partnered with Loco for the single “Somebody!” last month. At that same time, MAMAMOO’s younger sibling group PURPLE KISS dropped their comeback EP “Geekyland” with the lead title track “Nerdy.” Hwasa also featured on Psy’s album back in April.
Feature Image via GROOVL1N