A 68-year-old Asian woman was sucker punched while collecting an item on the sidewalk outside a flower shop in Lower Manhattan.
The details: The incident happened on Tuesday at around 10 p.m. on Mulberry Street, according to ABC7.
— Sarah Y. Kim (@Syissle) July 28, 2021
- The unidentified male assailant approached the victim and punched her in the face.
- Police said no exchange occurred between the suspect and the victim, adding the attack was unprovoked.
- The victim suffered swelling and pain from the attack but refused medical attention.
- The suspect reportedly fled the scene after the attack.
- The hate crime task force has been notified and an investigation is underway.
Authorities say there have been 109 anti-Asian attacks in New York City between Jan. 1 and July 25.
Featured Image via @Syissle