Fans of K-pop girl group LOONA are asking Elon Musk, estimated to be the world’s wealthiest man, to rescue their idols from their agency’s financial crisis.
The gravity of the situation: South Korean entertainment agency BlockBerry Creative, which created and represents LOONA, is reportedly facing a serious financial crisis that could potentially affect its talents’ careers, reported NME.
- According to local reports, the agency owes “hundreds of millions of won” to various third-party companies hired to work with LOONA and “billions of won” in back taxes and other obligations. Based on current exchange rates, a million Korean won is worth around $844, while a billion won is around $844,000.
- Stylists and other personnel employed by these contractors allegedly worked alongside LOONA for months without compensation.
- Insiders also claimed that some of the agency’s own employees haven’t been paid for “several months.”
- While the agency has since released statements that show it is exerting all efforts to pay its financial obligations, observers believe that it could take some time before the company will be able to fully do so.
Shooting for the moon: LOONA fans, also known as Orbits, are now reaching out to Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on social media to ask him to help fund and save the 12-member girl group.
- Based on his current estimated net worth of around $200 billion, Musk does have the means to take LOONA “to the moon” if he so chooses to.
- The Orbits are betting on Musk’s familiarity with LOONA based on his previous tweet about the group back in 2018.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 4, 2018
- At the time, Musk’s former girlfriend Grimes produced LOONA’s song “love4eva,” and the tech entrepreneur expressed his support via a tweet. Musk revealed earlier this week that he and the Canadian singer are now “semi-separated” after three years together.
Give them money
— jess (@loonaproducer) October 17, 2019
PLEASE SAVE LOONA https://t.co/oGXD6vBczv
— Yozzzzzz.Save Loona (@moonfloweryou) September 29, 2021
fund LOONA bestie pic.twitter.com/QNjtyJu97j
— sky ferreiras secret twin (@kw_rogers) September 28, 2021
hey daddy we need ur money uwu
— 🍎 #SAVELOONA (@orbitcher) September 28, 2021
hey dude remember me from Nevada, the dude that gave u an ice cream from McDo yeah its me again asking for the favor you promise me,,, can u help my cousins with their career? send them a DM here at this acc @loonatheworld u might wanna spend ur 45 million lunch money for them <3
— heeheeheejin | FCK BBC (@santoheejin) September 30, 2021
HELP OUT IT’S NOT THAT MUCH MONEY FOR YOU pic.twitter.com/YaF2n7Slot
— ☆ᴄᴏᴄᴏ (@CocoRBX) September 29, 2021
ayo elon. we kind of need some of that spare change of yours because loona might d word because bbc can’t pay those debts. Your child’s grandmother needs it’s a soooooooooo pay up bestie
— maddie | bbc hurry and pay your freaking debts (@hseulfiles) September 28, 2021
- To convince Musk, some of the tweets even referenced the recent break up:
Listen Mr Musk. I know how i can fix your marriage
— 📓 (@bbokgf) September 28, 2021
- Others referenced Grimes’ deleted comment that LOONA member Gowon was the godmother of the couple’s son, X Æ A-12.
hey we’re really sorry for hating on you!! now please HELP LOONA. one of the girls is your child’s godmother, come on and drop some (a lot of) money on them and their company. certified good action of the day!!! 🛐📩💸💰
— ʚĭɞ (@liestylish) September 28, 2021
- As of this writing, Musk has yet to respond to LOONA’s fans.
Featured Image via LOONAtheworld and Tesla Intelligence UK