Chinese Man Bites Phone Battery to Check If It’s Fake, Immediately Regrets It

phone battery explosion in china

A man in China got the shock of his life when a iPhone battery exploded right in front of his face after biting down into it to check its authenticity.

The incident happened at an electronics mall in an unnamed city in China, according to Chinese reports.

In a surveillance footage, the man can be seen at the store counter buying a new battery to replace the one in his phone, as translated by Shanghaiist via Medium. However, the man then puts the battery in his mouth and began biting into it.

After he removes the item from his mouth a couple of seconds later, the battery suddenly explodes into a fireball. The incident shook the man, shop employees and other customers nearby. Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident.

Whether it was due to the knock-off quality or the man accidentally poking a hole through the casing, it’s still unclear what exactly caused the battery to explode. But one thing is for sure, biting a phone battery is a terrible idea!

Featured Image Screenshot via YouTube / Shanghaiist

Related Posts