BTS’s historic latest single, “Butter,” broke multiple records last week when it debuted at the top spot on Billboard Global 200 chart and the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart.
Breakaway winner: With 11 total tracks on the “Global 200” ranking, BTS has broken its previous tie with BLACKPINK, and is now the South Korean musical act with the most placements on the weekly list.
- BTS and BLACKPINK are the only South Korean acts to land double-digit appearances on the international list.
- “Butter” is BTS’ sixth top 10 on the ranking, tying them with Justin Bieber for the most placements of musical acts.
- BTS has the most No. 1s on the Billboard Global 200, with “Butter” being their fourth.
- The song also unseated Olivia Rodrigo’s “Good 4 U,” at the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, which makes BTS the seventh artist, along with icons such as The Beatles and Mariah Carey, to have four Hot 100 No. 1 in less than a year.
Buttery smooth release: “Butter” also made history in Canada by making it the group’s second hit, after last year’s “Dynamite,” to reach No. 1 on the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart.
- The track is BTS’ thirteenth top 10 hit on the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart and at least the 50th track seen within the list’s entire 50-spot tally, Forbes reported.
- With “Butter” becoming the bestselling song in Canada, the South Korean band officially broke out of their tie with artist Psy, whose smash hit “Gangnam Style” made it to the top position nearly a decade ago.
- Psy’s song became the first South Korean artist to dominate the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart when the beloved catchy ditty was released in 2012.
BTS is currently dominating the World Digital Song Sales chart, filling 10 out of the 25 spots this week, according to a separate Forbes report. The list comprises recent and old hits, with “Life Goes On” back at the No. 1 ranking, where it debuted late last year.
Featured Image via HYBE LABELS