- K-pop superstar group Blackpink and “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) Mobile” announced today an in-game concert collaboration called “The Virtual.”
- The virtual concert will take place on July 22-23 and July 29-30 in North and South America and July 23-24 and July 30-31 for the rest of the world.
- Blackpink will drop a new song and music video in-game and through “PUBG Mobile” social media channels.
- Fans can secure tickets for the in-game concert starting July 15 and preload the Concert Resource Pack the following day, a requirement for joining the event.
- This is the second collaboration between “PUBG” and Blackpink, the first being their songs from “The Album” in 2020 being used in the player lobby.
- The announcement comes less than a week after YG Entertainment detailed Blackpink’s upcoming comeback album next month, an anticipated world tour that will be “largest world tour in the history of a K-pop girl group” and “a continuous large-scale project which will extend through the second half of the year.”
“Player Unknown’s BattleGround (PUBG) Mobile” and K-pop girl group Blackpink will be collaborating for an upcoming virtual concert announced on Tuesday.
The event, called “The Virtual,” is the first of its kind for the K-pop quartet. The concert will take place on July 22-23 and July 29-30 in North and South America and July 23-24 and July 30-31 for the rest of the world.
‘BLACKPINK X PUBG MOBILE 2022 IN-GAME CONCERT: [THE VIRTUAL]’ Coming soon!
North & South America:22nd-23rd and 29th-30th July
Rest of the World: 23rd-24th and 30th-31st July #BLACKPINKxPUBGM #BLACKPINK #PUBGMOBILE #THEVIRTUAL #INGAMECONCERT @BLACKPINK pic.twitter.com/anHLiGioVy
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) July 12, 2022
As they “Kick It” virtually, Blackpink will also drop a new song and music video in-game and through PUBG Mobile’s social media channels. Fans are encouraged to secure tickets for the concert starting July 15 and preload the Concert Resource Pack the following day, a requirement for joining the event. Leading up to the event, fans can earn daily special promotional rewards, and, from July 23 to Aug. 31, players can also obtain in-game outfits that Blackpink will wear during the concert.
YG Entertainment’s press release stated: “In addition to the members’ three-dimensional avatars, the three-dimensional sounds and performances will come to life through the high-quality technology of the game production company PUBGM. It is pleased to hold an In-Game Concert as the second collaboration between the world’s best group BLACKPINK and PUBG MOBILE, the best mobile game in the battle royale genre. We also hope to increase the opportunity for artists and fans to interact closely beyond the borders and language barriers.”
As noted in the press release, this is the second time YG Entertainment has teamed up with “PUBG,” the first being the game’s use of Blackpink’s songs from their 2020 first full album, “The Album,” as lobby background music.
This is Blackpink’s first project following YG Entertainment’s announcement of the girl group’s comeback and anticipated world tour less than a week ago. YG Entertainment said a new album and music would arrive next month alongside “a continuous large-scale project which will extend through the second half of the year.” Also promised in the announcement was an international tour sometime in 2022, which will purportedly be the “largest world tour in the history of a K-pop girl group.”
The collaboration between Blackpink and “PUBG” is probably a welcome one for member Jisoo, who is a noted PUBG “Pretty Savage” gamer as well as a current ambassador for “Maplestory.”