TikTok’s third most-followed person Bella Poarch recently released a music video for her debut single titled “Build a B*tch” featuring a number of other internet stars.
The hit release: As of this writing, the Filipino American star’s video has racked up more than 47 million views on YouTube since its premiere on Friday.
- On TikTok, a snippet of the song has been used to create over 721,000 videos.
- Written by Poarch and produced by Sub Urban, the song challenges societal pressures and encourages “embracing imperfections and your flaws,” she told Vogue.
- “My whole message is that I want people to realize that you don’t have to be perfect. And that it’s OK not to be, too. I want to inspire people to be comfortable in their own skin and to stay true to themselves, no matter what.”
- The video features appearances from other internet personalities, including Bretman Rock and Valkyrae who are also of Filipino descent.
About the star: A Navy veteran, Poarch rose to fame on TikTok in 2020 from a video of her lip-syncing to Millie B’s “M to the B” which still holds the record for the highest number of likes on the app, reported PopBuzz. Her account has more than 67.8 million followers, with her videos amassing 1.5 billion likes.
- Poarch was involved in a controversy last September regarding a tattoo that was deemed offensive. Over the course of the year as the 24-year-old continued to gain popularity, she has used her mostly lighthearted platform to talk about anti-Asian racism and violence.
- Her new song is reported to be the first single in an upcoming album.
- Reactions to the new music video appear to be mostly positive, with many social media users commenting that Poarch’s music stands out among the other songs released by TikTok stars.
Featured Image via Bella Poarch